Job Title: Sales Application Engineer 5
- To provide engineering support to help the sales team drive services and new business in the Oil & Gas and Marine industry.
- Work with GE Oil & Gas to define solutions that encompass the full Energy Management portfolio.
- The Sales Application Engineer (oil & gas and marine) demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, that meet business needs across the organization. Contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Provide technical sales support to Region Managers, Sales Managers and team
- Responsible for the sale of products, services, upgrades and total system solutions
- Provide technical expertise to Sales and Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive product applications and solutions
- Responsible to support the sales team to meet orders goals for the region and by market segment
- Provide training and technical support to the Region Managers and Sales Managers
- Coordinate with sales force to make customer calls and presentations and participate in bid meetings and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary
- Estimate GE equipment and system performance, hardware, and price for budgetary estimates
- Assess competitive system performance and hardware evaluation throughout the entire bid process
- Design packaged solutions for combination with GE Oil & Gas technology.
- Perform cycle and equipment comparisons to establish economically optimum / GE preferred cycle and configuration with involvement of and communication to the commercial teams and application engineers
- Respond to various technical questions regarding products and systems solutions
- Lead the development and maintenance of documentation of processes and information used within the Evaluation, Analysis and Pricing group for the purposes of ensuring consistency, sharing of information among team members, and training of leadership program resources (CLP / ECLP)
- Lead development and execution of CLP / ECLP training plans, coaching, mentoring
- Coordinate effective utilization of CLP / ECLP resources to assist the team wherever appropriate
- Drive motor, generator, drives and controls business through value proposition of power electronics (inverter) technology.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 additional years of experience in a commercial environment with sales, marketing, application engineering or customer service
- Expertise in Power Electronics and Oil & Gas
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Willingness and ability to traavel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred
- Six sigma training is preferred
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
How to Apply