- Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients' mental health.
- Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients, elaborate a diagnosis, and establish a plan of treatment
- Implement the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identify possible victims of SGBV and refer them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment and carry out psychological support accordingly
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
- Be pro-active in meeting the patients and have capacity to adapt and work in non-classical context
- Diagnose any psychological or psychiatric disorder and if necessary, refer the patient to the medical team/psychiatric hospital in order to receive drug treatment.
- Inform the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness
- Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment
- Work along with the medical teams to ensure a comprehensive approach of all patients treated
- Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Work in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure that appropriate terminology and behaviour are used during sessions.
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients' treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential
- Ensure partnership with any other actors involved in Mental Health.
- Education: Essential Degree or Diploma in Psychology
- Experience: 2 years' experience minimum as a Psychologist Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO's in developing countries.
- Languages: English, Hausa, Kanuri would be an asset
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
OLD GRA (behind Lagos house)
Kolo Road Galtimari,