Chevron,one of the World’s leading integrated energy companies, recruits for the position of a Graduate Facilities Engineer in the mehanical department. We have our subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, including Nigeria. The company also provides career opportunities to its workforce in other Chevron’s worldwide operations.
Chevron is committed to sound environmental and safety practices and exhibits cultural diversity. Our employees conduct their day to day work with the principles outlined in The Chevron Way which expresses our vision “to be the global energy company most admitted for it people, partnership and performance”
We are accepting online applications for the position of:
Job Title: Facilities Engineer (Mechanical)
Requisition Number: 037141104
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
- Designs, constructs and modifies equipment and facilities such as: separators and treaters; transfer pumps; vapor recovery units; simple pipeline.
- Provides engineering support for design of subsea production equipment, pipelines, systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of flow assurance and reliability aspects of subsea system design and operation.
- Performs basic calculations such as minimum wall thickness for heat exchangers, vessels & piping, basic relief system component sizing, basic valve selection and sizing, or thermal calculations for heat exchangers and fired equipment.
- Demonstrates understanding of appropriate tools and work processes to assess integrity and reliability performance associated with simple equipment installations and small facility operations.
- This includes asset integrity evaluations and availability /reliability calculations for normal operations, elementary Life Cycle Cost Analysis and basic application of performance assessment tools (Risk Analysis, FMEA, 5 Why, Why Tree).
- Bachelor's degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates with Second class lower honour’s and a Master’s degree in the same discipline ( Mechanical Engineering ) may also be considered.
- One (1) to maximum of Five (5) years post 1st degree (includes National Youth Service) experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards / specifications related to the design, fabrication, inspection and testing of fixed and rotating equipment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: