GE - (Global Growth and Operations) is currently recruiting for the position of a Supplier Development Engineer - is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300 000 people worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Job Number: 1892213
Business: GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations - Africa
- The Supplier Development Engineer drives strategic and tactical supplier development plans for the needs of multiple GE businesses in the Sub Sahara Africa region. In this role, you will expand supplier capabilities in key markets to meet the needs of multiple GE businesses.
- This role requires a strong interaction with the GE Global Supply Chain and Engineering teams.
- Develop and execute strategy to expand manufacturing and services capabilities of Sub Sahara Africa suppliers
- Work closely with Sourcing Quality Engineers and other resources to identify supplier capabilities and gaps and drive strategies to ensure capabilities available to meet GE business growth plans.
- Drive culture of safety, compliance and execution to meet GE commitments.
- Provide technical guidance in manufacturing and repair processes (e.g., welding, machining and assembly) to a global supplier base to assure product & process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Leverage GE global resources to accelerate supplier capability growth to meet local content requirements and expand supplier flexibility for needs of multiple GE businesses in the region.
- Work closely with global commodity leaders identify strategic suppliers and implement capability improvements to meet business needs.
- Drive continuous process improvements to meet cost savings and quality metrics.
- Proactively support GPB, SII, Session T and other strategic business planning.
- Coordinate identification and standardization of process, equipment, training and skill requirements
- Drive process and operational optimization at suppliers to meet fulfillment targets.
- Communicate at all levels of a matrix organization on implementation status
- All other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college university
- Minimum of 10 years in Global Supply Chain and or Engineering roles
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 4 years of working in emerging markets in a Global Supply Chain or Engineering project management role
- Working knowledge of GE or other OEM Oil & Gas, Power & Water products and services
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel globally
- Minimum: Green Belt Certified
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of manufacturing and repair processes and practices of multiple GE products
- Expertise of preparing engineering specifications and procedures for product manufacturing and repair
- Experience in supplier development, qualification practices and tools
- Knowledge of Sourcing processes & practices
- Experience in supplier development and practical manufacturing and repair (shop floor) exposure
- Engineering experience is desired, advanced technical degree preferred
- Technical understanding of the GE Infrastructure or other major OEM manufacturing and repair processes.
- Recognized domain expert.
- Technical understanding of the GE Sourcing processes and practices
- Demonstrated technical training experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (GE Employees Only)
- Work experience in oil & gas equipment, power generation equipment, locomotives is highly valued
- Demonstrated customer skills
- Energetic and able to energize others
- Change agent; high energy, self-starter
- Ability to work in matrix organization
- Excellent communication / presentation skills, both written and oral Demonstrated leadership skills
- Key understanding of optimal facilitation and lean process layout Proven leader with significant global component team management experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in working in a multifunctional / matrix team as part of a solution based service process
- Proven ability to interpret internal and external customer requirements and identify business needs
- Ability to communicate clearly to all levels of the organization
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: